Monday, March 5, 2007

T-shirt blanket


Sorry no post for so long, but I've been really busy, doing this and that, plus homework(ugh). And I couldn't get a picture of my blanket because it wasn't done, and I left it at the studio, and and... yeah you get the point. But it's done now, and I LOVE it. I got the idea and the dimensions from "Generation T" by Megan Nicolay. I constructed the front by myself, but got help on making the back from Hilda. It's all tied down now, and ready for daily use (which, beleive me, it WILL be used daily.). Yay! I love the feeling of finishing a big project. Now i have to figure out a new project for this thursday. But until then, Thanks for reading!
~Lauren~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stx12_2000 said...

I just wanted to say that you are a very talented young woman. I started making things when I was in 2nd grade. I made Hello Kitty and My melody holding a sign with the customers name on it. I constructed with felt paper and and textured cardboard. I charged a buck per letter. I am now 37 and quit working to stay home with my kids. I make jewelry, sew curtains, bags, etc.. I also do carpentry. I am now thinking of selling T-shirt blankets. The problem I find with my craftiness is that I cannot hone in on a specific talent which makes it difficult for me to concentrate on one thing. Also, I find that some women are intimidated by it. I hope that you find what your true passion is someday. Looking at your website also makes me realize that I need to start mentoring my 6 yr old daughter. Good luck to you and God Bless.